These tart and tasty lemon bars are sure to hit the spot!
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 1 C + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
Lemon Curd Filling Ingredients
- 5 large eggs
- 1 C granulated sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 C freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 C all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
Procedure for Crust
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a larger bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar and mix until just combined. Mixture will have a crumbly texture.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and gather into a ball.
- Place into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish and press evenly on the bottom all the way around and 1/2″ up the sides
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigeration and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned, remove and allow to cool completely. Keep the oven on.
Procedure for Lemon Curd and Assembly
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and flour. Pour over cooled crust.
- Place into oven on center rack and bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling has set. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy!
Now Accepting Reservations for Summer! Book Now at http://www.miramonte.com